This assignment is easy. Complete the CITI Online Research Ethics Training. Do this online training at your convenience during the first 4 weeks of the semester.
- Surf to the Redlands IRB site. Log in, using your University username and password. (Your username is the first_last part of your email address — the part before the @ sign.)
- Create an account, using your University of Redlands email address. (This tells CITI not to charge you.)
- Take the following TWO courses:
- “Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research — Basic Course”
- “Investigators: Human Subjects — Basic Course”
- Take them in this order, as the SBRC introduces topics that are covered in greater depth in the IHS. The SBRC is also shorter.
- Each course consists of several sections, all of which you must complete successfully.
- You do not need to complete the course in a single sitting. It is probably best to finish a module before logging off, but CITI should save your work.
- Once you have completed the course, print out and turn in your certificates of completion.
(In case you’re wondering, CITI stands for “Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative”. The training’s good, but the title works better as an acronym.)